Subject: Re: Fast LW 4.0/4.1 for Amiga!
From: David Warner <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 1996 02:45:08 -0500

On Sat, 27 Jan 1996, Ralph Messana wrote:

> Way to spread rumors Dave.:) Are you maybe hinting that the version 
> shipping with 4.1 Flyer or toaster will be sped up?

I'm "sure" that LightWave for Amiga will see some significant speed 
increases in the not-too-distant future.  Hopefully this new version will 
be released as an update available through FTP or off the NewTek BBS.  
I get the impression that the current version was shipped as is just to 
not hold up the release of the Flyer 4.1 upgrade...I think most people 
were eager to get their hands on fully functional Flyer software, even 
though LightWave still needed some work.

>  Also did the little bird tell you if it will be sped up relative to 
> previous 4.0 versions or will it be faster than 3.5? That's probably too 
> much to ask. Now if only we could do multi-platform Snet.

No idea...but I would guess that a faster-than-3.5 version is a bit much 
to expect...the little bird WAS chirping enthusiastically though.  =)

All I can say is...."patience, grasshopper."

                                     -David Warner
                                      [email-masked]
                                      http://www.albany.net/~dwarner